Wednesday, September 8, 2010

John Alfano


This caught my attention because John Alfano's photos just pop out. No matter what it is of. I love the way he captures all the color. He uses a lot of contrasts in his pictures, even in the black and white photos. I also enjoy how many different kind of pictures he has. I like his close ups and his scenery pictures.

They also intrigue me because I love water photographs. The way it captures light and reflect, the way it flows, and how many different ways people can capture water with cameras amazes me.
John's interest in photography started when he moved in Yosemite National Park. From then on he loved to take pictures. He then moved to Ladakh and learned the Buddhist ways and love taking pictures of the beautiful landscape. After spending years there he moved back to Yosemite and realized, "I could blend art and technology, and more importantly, give expression to my appreciation of the infinite beauty that surrounds us." Photography was his life.

He also ending up putting a book together called Before the Mountain. It contains quotes and Buddhist sayings and all his amazing pictures of the mountains in Ladakh.  He also has a blog here on Blogger under The Color of the Wind. http://thecolorofwind.blogspot.com/

http://www.johnalfano.com/html/photo/detail.cfm?Category=WhatsNew&Subcategory=Berkshire%20Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment