Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Exposer

In my first photography class I am learning a ton of new terms. Its hard to learn them all but I'm working on it. I didn't even know some of the terms about exposer existed on my Kodak camera. Plus the camera is not even mine, it's my friends, so that makes it harder to learn.
My photography book says that, "Learning how to make a good exposure is the first step in becoming a photographer." That is the first sentence under the topic of exposure, therefore it must be important. On my camera I can control the ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. All three of those are very important to exposure and must be learned to become a better photographer.
As for ISO I can control that fairly easy on my camera. I have to be on the manual (M), S, or P setting then by moving the wheel on the camera can select to change the ISO. The ISO ranges from about 100-400. The ISO setting best for my camera to take most pictures is 100-200 ISO. This will give me the most desired results pertaining to ISO settings.The higher the ISO is less light is needed to make a good exposure.High ISO also means that the picture might be grainy.
Shutter speed is the time period from when the shutter is open to when it is closed. This allows long periods of light to come into the camera or little short periods of light. I don't have as much control over this on my camera. The downside to a long shutter speed, or allowing more light in, is that if there is movement the picture can turn out blurry.
Aperture is how wide a camera lens can open. This has a lot to do with depth of field, which we read about in another chapter. The wider the aperture the less sharp a picture will be.All of these things are important for exposer and learning how to use them to get the right exposure for the picture is also important.

No comments:

Post a Comment